Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Melancholy Moment

I think that anybody who does blogging has to be familiar with David Santos.

A little while ago I was at David’s blog and read his sad story about a young girl. The following is an excerpt from that story. There is at the moment a protest movement ongoing, in an effort to get somebody to take some responsibility for the circumstances surrounding this tragedy. ~

~ “01.06.1998 – FLAVIA SOUZA BELO, at the age of 10, suffers a severe accident when her hair was sucked by the swimming pool drain in the condominium where she lived with her mother and her 14-year old brother, in the neighborhood of Moema, city of São Paulo, Brazil. Flavia experienced cardio-respiratory arrest and since then she is in a vigil coma, a condition that—according to the doctors—is irreversible.” ~

In thinking about this a few days ago. I wrote this little poem, I think it summarizes the situation as it stands. ~


C'ya

14 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

David is a great humanitarian. Your poem reflects the very thing he tries so hard to bring attention to the world. Beautifully written Eric.

drips of paint said...

nice Eric ...

sad isn't it ...
what makes people in the world so cold hearted?????

Eric Valentine said...

Thank you for your kind words Janice, once in a while, a poem pops out. :)

David is indeed all that you say and more. :)

Eric Valentine said...

Hello Tim my friend and thank you, nice to see you again. :)

It is sad Tim, but greed & averice come to mind with cold hearted people. :(

Augs Casa said...

very touching. good read mate. as always

cheers

Eric Valentine said...

Thank you Augs my friend, good to see you visit. :)

zirelda said...

He stopped by my blog and left a comment about the girl. But I didn't know what to make of it as I haven't met him.

I know now. Thank you Eric.

Great words.

Eric Valentine said...

Hi Z, yes he is a great humanitarian, he visits my site often & I his. He also belongs to World United Bloggers.

Thanks for visiting Zirelda, hope the cold is getting better. :)

DarkWing said...

I don't even know what to say about this. Very sweet poem.

zirelda said...

Much Eric. Thank you. I'll go visit David's blog and find the post.

zirelda said...

Hey Eric, I've roared you out on my blog.

Eric Valentine said...

why thank you Zirelda, Ill pop over for lunch & have a byte then! :)

Singing Stream said...

Lovely poem Eric...I love the way you mounted it too. Wonderful....hugs! :^D

Eric Valentine said...

Thank you Singing, nice of you to visit again.

I really don't know where these things pop up from at times, I'm just glad they do. :)