Thursday, November 15, 2007

Last Friday I got roared.



Thank you so much Zirelda for that honor. ~



Shameless says : Those people I've given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honour, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc etc. Let's send a roar through the blogosphere! The image above can be copied and pasted onto other blogs. Also, a small size of the award for sidebars can be found over at the writing circle site.

Like Zirelda, I too am not really sure what constitutes good powerful writing. 1. I do like stories that grab me early into the book. 2. Good descriptive writing creates the image that puts me in the midst of the action. 3. A story from the heart will always stir the right emotions inside of me, causing me to reach for the tissues.

A lot of the blogs I read vary in substance. One I find most interesting is ~
Newnorth. She writes about a multitude of things and has that ability and approach that keeps you wondering, ‘what’s next’! It’s like being on a carousel, but she does write good from the heart stories.

Leon writes very well and is a combination of so many characters ~ you see he enjoys himself immensely, being quite active in the theatre.
Leon is a busy family man, an avid reader and writes about the many things in his life. Like many he compliments his posts with very good pictures of the workings of his character acting parts.

Swenenglishexpat
is another one I consider a dear online friend. He now lives in Germany, but his site with all the different flags complete with an explanation, needs to be seen. I find Swen very interesting, for apart from being a good read he is a very outgoing type of guy, he likes a good joke and even the odd quiz here & there. He travels quite frequently with his family and always comes back & shows very interesting photo’s. I enjoy reading the travel stories he writes.

Tim Is an artist, a very good artist whose work always amazes me when I see it. Tim is a very hard working and conscientious person, an online friend who shines no matter what he does. I have read a lot of his writing and believe me, he is no slouch with the pen ~ such talent.

Pursuance of Truth, by Janice Thompson, an amazingly good poet with a very distinctive style that is unique. For me she is a favorite read.

When the Heart Speaks, by Margie a well known & loved poet on these blogs & World united Bloggers. Margie has taken a sabatical for a little while, but it would be amiss to not include her among my favorite places to read.

Augs Casa is another good blog that I like to visit, my mate is such a happy go lucky family man, a treat to be around when he gets on a roll.

Shades of Twilight, another good Photography blog, such great shots by “Shades” showing life the way it is, another favorite.

So many and such great reading. The World really is, the proverbial oyster.

C'ya

16 comments:

zirelda said...

How absolutely too cool Eric.

Here are the instructions to put the lion on your sidebar. You can email me if you like if for some odd reason I left something out.

When signed into blogger, view your blog and then click on customize in the upper right hand corner.

Click on Add a Page Element on the right hand side.

Find the one that says Picture and click on Add to Blog

You can put a title and or a caption and then upload the picture from your computer or link to it on the web somewhere. Then save changes and save again and then view your blog to see if it worked.

DarkWing said...

Thank you soo much Eric! I will have to come back and figure out the details of getting the picture thing.
I really appreciate it :)

Janice Thomson said...

Congratulations Eric! I have always enjoyed your blog. Margie from When The Heart Speaks sent me your way shortly before you first commented on my blog.

Thank you for including my blog in your nominees. You are most kind. I keep a really clean and plain blog but, as in the past, will post the award in the sidebar only for a short time. I do not participate in awards and memes as I only write poetry in my posts and found there were difficulties when trying to refuse the awards. So thank you again Eric for the award which I accept and hope you understand if I don't participate any further.

Eric Valentine said...

Thanks so much Zirelda, I am still working at it & having difficulties. It won't upload from my H/drive. Grrrr. :)

Eric Valentine said...

You are more than welcome Newnorth, you really do write well my friend. :)

Eric Valentine said...

Hello Janice, I pondered what you say before I put you in there. I saw that you keep a neat clean blog & your poetry too. So I do understand & not mind at all for it was a calculated move on my part. I figured to put you in & you would know what you wanted to do with it & I respect that my friend.

Funny you should mention Margie, I considered Margie too but it was again the same considerations. In addition, she has been gone now for so long without us hearing anything from her, even though we all know she is a very busy Lady.

We all hope she is well and we will one day see her again. :)

Leon said...

Eric - Congratulations and Thank You! Sorry I didn't comment earlier but it's been a busy day and night. Now I have to figure out whom I can "roar." :-)

Eric Valentine said...

You are more than welcome Leon my friend, I'm only too pleased that you don't mind. :)

swenglishexpat said...

Thanks Eric, yes I consider you a good online friend as well. You are always so appreciative and leave nice comments. Thanks for your nomination and congratulations on yours. Before I spotted this I had already decided to tag you for a meme (7 Random Things; see my blog. I'll come back and read more when I have more time. A roaring Ciao ;-)

Eric Valentine said...

Hi Swen thanks for the visit. I am glad you don't mind me roaring you like that (lol), for I enjoy your blog immensely.

I will pop over & check on the meme, I've never had that before my friend. Cheers. :)

Janice Thomson said...

How very sweet and diplomatic you are Eric. Thank you for that.

Margie is doing fine - she had a bit of a tough time when her son left for college as many mothers do - hence did not feel up to blogging. Perhaps this winter she will feel like taking it up again.

Eric Valentine said...

Thank you once again Janice, I'm glad that Margie is otherwise alright, I wish her well and a speedy return to writing, like you she writes so well. :)

Singing Stream said...

This is really neat Eric...congrats! Congrats to everyone! ROAR!!! :)

Eric Valentine said...

Just love your enthusiasm Laurie. LOL

drips of paint said...

hi Eric ... now finally I understand your comment at my blog ... about "roared".... I was scratching my head for a few days.

congratulation to you for award and you deserved it highly ....

but this time I'll have to disagree with you about roaring me especially about the writing part ... however, thanks for thinking of me and I am honoured because of that...

Eric Valentine said...

Sorry about not explaining the Roar more fully my friend.

I don't think I made an error with roaring you. You are an artist and I have read some of your writing, I think you write very well, so enjoy the Roar! Tim.. :)