Thursday, October 25, 2007

Final Fall Days

We went to the park on Wednesday last week, but of course I didn’t write about it until now. The reason for that is I wanted to write a post in these final days, complete with more fall like pictures. On Wednesday Ted’s music was absent again and also on Sunday, chances are he doesn’t even know how much of an aura the music adds to the park in these closing days of yet another year.

In the midst of so much beauty, I can’t help but feel a little sadness. ~ Sunday was the closing day for the season at ‘Willow Park’ for this year 2007. This summer has been just one gorgeous treat after another in natures little wonderland. For the photographer it has been a very rich yield of one photographic opportunity after another. I have never ever been in such a place that gives so many display’s of naturalistic settings.

In relation to the park closing that took place Oct 21st it appears that, that was the closing date for the Ecology season education program for the young and youth of the community. ~ There is wonder in abundance in the vegetable and herb gardens as well as flower gardens, all thanks to the ecology programs. The obvious program success is there to see in the faces of the young children and the volunteers alike. They are as children will be, ~ excited at having learned and taken part in something that actually made things grow. We found out the park itself will of course be open year round right through the winter. I can just visualize the transformation that will take place, with a mantle of ice & white.



On the approach drive in to the park.


Even in the fall, flowers are still in healthy bloom.


Yours truly, back in my favorite surveillance position.


Pampas grass in full glory and in a high wind too.



This one I really love, a shot of the bridge.(on the River Kwai)



On my way home, it has been a great year, thanks Willow Park & all.

C'ya

20 comments:

Leon said...

Your pictures will leave us with good memories to last until the park reopens in the Spring. Thanks Eric. :-)

DarkWing said...

I was wondering when you would post again! ...and I was just about to log off :D

Beautiful pictures as usual. I really like the one with the bridge too but they are all great.
Hope the park opens again soon!

Janice Thomson said...

Wonderful pictures Eric. That is a beautiful park.
Our leaves here are nearly all gone and the last few days there's been a lot of frost. Winter's bony fingers are quickly reaching in.

Eric Valentine said...

Thank you Leon, memories till spring returns my friend. :)

Eric Valentine said...

Well there you go Newnorth. :)


Glad that you like them all, have a good weekend. :)

Eric Valentine said...

Oh yes Janice, the park is a beauty alright. Our leaves on a lot of trees can't make up their mind what to do this far.

The nights are defernately getting colder though. :)

zirelda said...

What great pictures Eric. I would love to see that park. I don't get as much of the nature scene as I used to when I lived on the Western Slope but I soak it all in every time I get a chance. Love the flower shot especially.

I have some of the plants with the round leaves in my garden. They never bloomed but I'm hoping they will come back next year.

Eric Valentine said...

Hi Zirelda, yes isn't nature just wonderful?

We're always surprised at the different things we come across each time we are at the park. I was surprised at that flower looking so healthy at this tome of year, but I guess this is when it's supposed to bloom I reckon.

I bet you have an ok garden too. :)

Laurie said...

Thank you for sharing Eric.

Eric Valentine said...

Thank you Elly, ~ visit any time, you are always welcome. :)

Shades said...

Eric...
seeing these beautiful pictures again and again, sitting on the other side of the globe where there is no season called 'fall'.. here, our trees are ever green, our winter limited to a faint mist in the early morning hours, and our summer reaching upto a blazing 45 degreeC at times... thanks a lot for sharing...! :)

Eric Valentine said...

Only too pleased to share Shades.

Ive experienced the differing climates in different parts of the world.

It's remarkable that some places never see snow or fall or the arid conditions that exist in some countries. Enjoy, it's my pleasure. :)

DarkWing said...

I tag you and declare you it :)

Eric Valentine said...

Hi Newnorth, why do I feel I bin there done this before? :(

Gotta think on it. :)

drips of paint said...

Beautiful pictures and touching narrative. Enjoy so much of hearing the joy of the childern learning with nature. Everything must change from time to time, it is what I call sweet sadness .... next year we'll hear about them the green and orange leaves and looking forward to another season

god bless you and wife
lol
tim

Eric Valentine said...

Thank you Tim, such a beautiful, sensitive and complimentary comment.

You seem to put the beauty of your paintings, into equally beautiful words my friend.

I like that term "Sweet Sadness" very touching.

Take good care Tim & continued good luck with your painting. :)

Augs Casa said...

Wonderul photos my friend. Sad and beautiful at the same time. Sad because the park is closing and beautiful because of the wonderful scenery. You look well mate.

swenglishexpat said...

Wonderful scenery! What a treasure you've got there, Eric, soul enriching!

Eric Valentine said...

Thanks Augs, that is a nice observation my friend.

"Sad but beautiful" is a very nice way of seeing the wonderful ways of nature. :)

Eric Valentine said...

Hi Swen! Another lovely observation, and coming from you who has such a "Treasure Trove" of fantastic photo's on display of your own.

I love those shots of older German buildings and castles. You are so fortunate to have such access to so much history my friend. :)