Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cold Comfort

This last two days have been a bit of a headache. If you recall earlier this year I ran into problems with the switch to ‘Vista’ a thing that is still not totally out of the woods, shaky at best.

My newest problem involves a little Vista, but I am thinking most of the quirks are from the ‘Norton’s International’ security program. So much so that I am still in the throes of finding a fix. Meanwhile I am stuck with just text posting for now. I had wanted to make a post in the blog two days ago, but because of my problem things will have to be on hold for a short while.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, now I’m off to roll up the sleeves and get down to the nitty gritty.

All this and a temperature outside with the wind of -18c, how do you like them apples! Grrrrrrrrrrr ~ No doubt there will be a gnashing of molars as I go.

C’ya

8 comments:

DarkWing said...

oh wow, Hope you get back online soon! Good luck with the weather :)

Eric Valentine said...

Thanks Newnorth, I hope I can resolve the problem soon. :)

Tonight we are supposed to get a whale (wail) of a storm, freezing rain, ice and lots of snow.. Can't say I'm looking forward to that lot. :)

Leon said...

Okay Eric - Just keep taking deep cleansing breaths. Hopefully they will keep the stress level at a minimum. It's amazing how we now become slaves to our computers and their peccadillos. When I was younger, before the computer age, it was always car troubles that drove me crazy. But computers seem to be much more sadistic than cars. :-)

Janice Thomson said...

We have a heap of snow today and tonight Eric but not the cold temperatures you have.
Hope you can get your computer up to par and soon. It definitely is stressful when it doesn't work the way it used to. What's really annoying is when one finds out it was a simple mistake that caused all the woes. I had a lot problems with Norton's too. Now my server (Shaw Cable) offers a free security bundle. You don't have to keep upgrading and paying for it. As long as you are a customer so long will you have the use of their bundle. It is marvelous and will be the way I'll go from now on.

Eric Valentine said...

Thanks Leon for your stabilizing influence, I can always depend on you my friend.

What you say about cars etc is very true though ~ sadistic bugs in computers. :)

Eric Valentine said...

Hi Janice, we are getting a dollop tonight & right now with the wind it is -18c Brrrrrrrr!

My problem is to do with pictures & thumbnails. As a test I took a picture that I had previousely posted & got two different results no matter what I do. I checked the HTML and something in there is different, so I have to figure it out still. :(

zirelda said...

Oh ick. Good luck Eric. I'm supposed to help my sister hook up to wireless with Vista. I've never even seen Vista. Not sure I want to.....

Eric Valentine said...

Hi Zirelda, good luck with the Vista, it's scary at first, was for me but works ok other than the odd few gliches. I am still trying to figure out my problem. :(